Jan 25, 2009

Day 82 - Your Weekly Presidental Address

Status: YouTubing. So apparently, after our honorable president got elected on November 4th, he had the gall to begin a "weekly address" to the nation - via YouTube [ChangeDotGov]. He's decided to follow tradition of the president's "Weekly Address", except Obama will do it on YouTube. Not that I'm particularly mad at him because of it, it's just that I missed out on quality stuff I could have ripped from the addresses.

However, since Obama is now in office, he has changed his channel on YouTube. Now he is broadcasting from the Official Channel of the White House, which would seem like an act of real Hubris had he done this before his Inauguration, but given that he started the whitehouse channel after his Inauguration, it's not nearly as hubris-y. As per "White House copyright policy" (which may or may not be his policy), all these videos are in the public domain and, strangely for YouTube, can be downloaded with a link under the video. You can also watch these things "in HD", which is different from "watch in high quality", because "HD" expands the video window to fill the entire width of the page so you can see every blemish and lie in our president's face (giving you a "Damn! I could touch it!" sensation). I think I'll be having a Line-By-Line of his weekly addresses shortly, especially if he decides to say anything other than "these things need to be changed".

The other thing that I want to address right now is the Presidential BlackBerry. Oh yes, Obama got to keep the BlackBerry, which apparently he faught tooth and nail to keep [Associated Press]. According to AP, this is his habit that he just couldn't drop (like his smoking habit, but that got pretty much dropped). Obama, I must say that this will probably be one of the worst descisions you have made, yet. I know that sentence was all over the place with tenses, but hear me out:
Obama's off at Camp David for some reason. Someone, maybe a terrorist who decided to infiltrate BlackBerry corp, decides to hack into his phone and triangulate his location (those things have GPS's too you know). The threat that was heading for Washington now reroutes to Camp David.
Mr. President, please, for your own safety, get rid of it. I know you can't live without it, but surely the CIA or someone there can come up with a special security device that applies all the Presidential Records Act crap and is not as vulnerable because it isn't a commercial device that anyone can buy to test-hack into before hacking yours. Mr. President, I hate you, but for the love of the country and for your own personal safety, replace the phone.

End Log.

PS, I went through and changed all the blog posts so that I don't have to limit my HTML layout creativity by Blogger's "Convert Line Breaks" setting. So everything should remain the same, but if suddenly all you people who RSS this blog have all of their posts set suddenly to "Unread", that's why. Now I just have to remember to put the double <br>'s into my posts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment